I can't lose weight!!!

I lost 6 pounds in one week about 2 weeks, but I haven't been able to lose anymore weight since then. I am walking at least 3 miles daily and I'm eating about 1200 calories a day. But I can't lose weight. Mathematically I should be loosing one pound a week. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Keep it up. Your body will tone itself down. It takes women longer to start sheding pounds then men so dont get discouraged. Cut as much swalt and sugar out of your diet as possible. And even things like ketchup are loaded with salt AND sugar so watch the contents of these things. Drink a lot of water. It took me 4 months before I even STARTED seeing results with just diet and exercise. Talk to your doc. You may have developed a thyroid problem. Good luck sweetie. I have been in your shoes and it sucks. Keep up your spirit!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Really! Ok thanks that totally helps! I think maybe the first week it could have been lots of water weight, but I'm glad I've kept it off! Ok I'm going to stick to it! I've been so tempted to eat 500 calories a day just to lose it fast, but that could cause me other problems!
    Disneymamma

Answer by Disneymamma at 7:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Muscle weighs more than fat, you can not lose a pound but it is an improvement on your body. I have been using green tea alot of water, cut out all sodas. 1200 calories is a healthy intake, not trying to gross you out but have you had your colon cleansed? You can hold up to ten pounds of waste in your intestines and it is a great jump start when you start a new diet!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• about one month before my wedding i couldnt fit into my dress at all. i had gained so much weight. and to get it off i cut out ALL carbs and soda. i didnt exercise. i didnt have time to. dont starve yourself for breakfast i would have a yogurt and fruit with one cup of coffee. for a snack before lunch i would have raw veggies or fruit for lunch i would have lunch meat and cheese cubes. the snack before dinner was veggies or fruit again then dinner was any kind of meat with tons of steamed veggies. i only had to do this for 2 weeks. dont ever starve yourself remember that because your body will store all the food because its thinks your not going to eat. just eat healthy food in moderation and kick the carbs and soda.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• A trainer told me to try eating 5 mini meals a day, all under 300 calories each. It should help boost your metabolism & you should start dropping some weight.
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008