Scared :( and really about to smoke a cigarette!!! *vent*

last night around 5 am, hubby & i both woke up to a woman screaming. it was on the other side of the fence in the apartment complexes across from us. we looked out the window but it was dark over there & couldnt see anything. i heard a guy say "BITCH ILL DO IT!" and then it got quiet and eventually i heard her talking to other people and say he stole her keys, he stole her wallet, etc.

anyway about half an hour ago, i saw cops walking around my building and one came to my door. he said the lady (who is okay btw) saw him come this way. and so the cops asked if i saw anyone and i said no. he said the unit above me is vacant but some people told him that theyve seen people go in and out of that unit. and i told him that ive heard people walking up there and ive heard people talking on the patio. so a few minutes ago, they were up there banging on the door & broke the freaking door down. idk what else is going on but WOW! im freaking out! i have been burglarized before in my old apartment and he managed to get in and get out without me waking up at all. thank GOD he didnt touch my sleeping baby! i guess all this is bringing me back to that time.

and i cannot handle the stress and need a cigarette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( (didnt know what category to put this in)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Are you still committed to quitting? If you are, then DON'T LIGHT UP. You cannot let every stressful/angry/upsetting moment make you turn to something that's going to hurt you. You have to learn to deal with these incidents in a healthy manner. What else could help you alleviate the stress? Delving into a good book? Taking a walk with the kids? Yoga? Chatting with a friend on the phone? Hanging at cafemom? Whatever else could help calm you down, do that. You absolutely have to learn other coping mechanisms. Cigarettes will only harm you, and at some point, you have to be totally and utterly willing to stop destructive behaviors no matter what.
    And as crappy as this is to say, if you really aren't ready to quit in your heart of hearts (I know that happened to me before I finally quit for good), then don't prolong the torture and just go ahead and smoke.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Just calm down and take a deep breath. Do not go back to smoking cigarettes. I know this is nerve wrecking on your part, but just continue taking precautions like you're doing now, but smoking won't help.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I never touched a cigarette, but if you smoke one, you're there. You will continue to smoke more. I wish you could have found another way to calm your nerves. Maybe getting out of there for a day or two would have helped.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i gave in :( i know its horrible. its only a sign of weakness on my part. but im going to try and only have smoked that one today. i bought a pack but i have to make myself not smoke the whole thing and only use it in stressful situations like this. i feel like my sense of security has been robbed :( there are cops & detectives all over the place. were moving in april.. thank god
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Grow up, act like the woman your kid needs you to be and stop making bad choices.

Your killing yourself and possibly killing your child with your selfish choice to be a coward and smoke instead of finding productive things to do, such as organize a neighborhood watch.

Anonymous