When you explain something to your child do they usually get it?

This morning I got up late so the kids were running late and as I was dropping them off to school I was telling them they need to make sure they listen to teacher and try hard in your work that way you won't fall behind in your grade they listened but they act like they were in another world as if saying yeah mommy yeah whatever you say. I ask them did you understand they both said yes and left it at that.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• do the get it? what you mean the first time i say it? or the fifth? lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well, not my child, but my SO's. Apparently he doesn't, or just doesn't want to 'get it'.....OR it's just because I am the one saying it.
    I know that they teach about germs and hand washing in school.....AND I know they do it when the kids are young. Well, the 14 year old in this house needs to be reminded......CONSTANTLY....to blow his nose and wash his hands. He's been running around with a stuffy nose and sniffling.....then, wiping his nose with his hand. Saw him do it last night......wipe his nose and then place his hand on his Dad. Ewww!!! Come on.....you are 14 years old!! Of Course.....since I am the one constantly reminding him to blow......I get the nasty looks.....the nasty comments.....the nasty atitude........Now I'm in 'disinfecting mode'.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 8:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• They get it. Remember when you were a kid, somebody was always saying something all the time. Lol. They may have been on overload since they got up late and had to do everything condensed time. Cut them a tiny bit of slack today. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011