Bad contractions

Do you remember when did you real contractions start? The ones that hurt so bad,like very bad menstrual cramps in your lower stomach and a lot of back pain?
I am almost 40 weeks,well,i will be this sunday and i've been having regulalr contractions for two weeks since i left my mucus plug. But those are so different,like somebody is cutting your stomach from inside and it hurts like hell. They are getting stronger and longer,but not close enough to go to the hospital.
I am so noaseated all the time,makes me sick. Pooping a lot too.
I know it will happen so soon,but when?
How long did it take you to go to the hospital and have your baby after you started really contracting?
How long do i have to wait? Maybe few more days,or hours,i hope.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when was your last doc appt and how dilated were you? you could go to the hospital and have them check you or at your next appt tell you doc and they might go ahead and get you into the hospital and give you that litle kick.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Just keep an eye on them, and time them every so often. It could still be days, unfortunately. I've seen women go through this for a couple of weeks (not to try to bring you down). I'm guessing it won't be nearly that long for you. Once I started really contracting, it happened later that day, but my water broke before my contractions started.
    Good luck!! I hope things get moving for you today!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hey thats my due date 2! I have felt nothing. Mine has decided to set up permanently in there. You need to have sex if you can, because that will just throw you into full blown labor. I would call the Dr. if the pain is too intense, you might just need some meds to get them closer together or something
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• P.S forgot to mention. I've been 2cm and 60% effaced for 6 weeks now,nothing is progressing. And i have tried everything:sex,walking,raspberry red leaf tea and some other stuff,nothing seems to help,because she is not ready to come out yet,i guess. so my husband took me for a 2 mile walk last night,still nothing.
    crouse3

Comment by crouse3 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• for the first girl went to hospial in the morning and then came home about seven went back and then born after midnight. My other two were inductions and was born a couple of hours later. I was told when you can not talk and complete a sentence to go back. Do not wait to long or will miss the window if needed pain med. Just keep your doctor informed and time contrations and if does not come naturally they could always induce.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011