Needs feed back on medication

Hi you great moms out there, can anyone tell me what experience they had taking anyone of those three medications. Keppra, Topamax, zonegran, my grandson is on Dilintin and his teeth are decaying. I may have to switch to one of the three mention above. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

foreverhumble

Asked by foreverhumble at 8:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is on keppra she still has had some seizures on it though. so we have to talk about other options.

amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My son is on keppra and has done really well. As of Tues. he will be seizure free for 1 year. We did see an increase in headaches (he also has migraines) and going on it was an interesting ride. He got very tempermental. He would sit at the table crying that he was angry at me but he still loved me. It was so sad. B6 has helped with the intensity of his emotions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thank you very much for your information.
    foreverhumble

Comment by foreverhumble (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Dilantin is known for making you sleepy and being hard on your teeth and liver. My ex-husband is on it, has been for years. He lost 2 teeth we had to have replaced and the doc told him not to over indulge in drink due to the liver issue and this drug. Is Neurontin a choice? Keppra works but headaches can be an issue, keep watch.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011