Why do you think my son gets ready like this?

Every morning as we are getting ready for school my son is very good on getting ready on time but he gets ready weird...lol he does everything laying down his shirt,pants he tries to put his belt on like that his socks and shoes. (he does this while watching television)...Sometimes I get upset with him I tell him why doesn't he just stand up it would be easier.
I don't get it. Then I have to make sure he looks decent bc when he is done his clothes look like someone roughen him up abit...lol
Why does he do this I never taught him this?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Turn the tv off and see if he does a better job. Sounds like he is just too distracted and not thinking about what he is doing. So just turn her off and see if that helps.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yep I would turn the TV off too. my daughter don't pay attention at all to her body when she is watching tv.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• LOL! He found a way to multitask, Mom!
    I have an almost 11 year old...last night..he went to bed with clothes on for today, which really made no sense to me because he gets up in the morning and takes a shower..so..yeah. Bit my tongue. Choose the battles I keep telling myself..choose the battles,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have this problem if I dont pay attention to what my kids are doing and they are 9 12 13 15 I make them turn off the boob tube an tell them they can do whatever when they show me their ready.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• he does this because he doesn't want to have to stop watching TV and he is a boy that is probably a little lazy. My oldest son is the same way and he has been this way since he was little. He is going to be 14 and although I have tried to get him to get dressed differently it doesn't matter. The TV could be off and he could be the only person in the room and he still does this.

Anyway, I would just let him do it and I wouldn't even straighten his clothes out. I would tell him "If this is how you want to get dressed then so be it." He knows that you are just going to straighten him out anyways so he has no reason to change. My son has started getting better although there are days where he still does this.

I would just let it go, in the grand skeem of things this is small.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I agree with kimberlyinberea.
    besides, just because you didn't teach him something doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to do it. He's finding his own way.

Anonymous

• Sounds like he's a kid who thinks outside of the box and just likes to have fun and makes a game with everything he does. As long as he looks decent who cares? He's only young once. He's probably a leader and not a follower. Let it be.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• LOL, unless it is making you late, just let it go. it's funny and unique.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011