OMG my 11 month old is a complete momma's boy! HELP!

If i walk out of the room he'll scream and cry and even when i am around and i'm not holding him he'll scream and cry for me to hold me. I'm going a little nuts here! i'm trying to just show him toys and i'm not holding him as much as i would but anyone have any advice for me?

lashes325

Asked by lashes325 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest was that way and I just had to sometimes leave her with her dad or babysitter and she did get better with time. Once they are round other kids at school that helps. Might try like a play group to make friends might help. I know hard but it will get easier with time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This is pretty normal behavior....I'd just let him follow me from room to room and not try to stop him....Perhaps put him in a baby backpack sometimes and carry him as you do things.....Make sure you get time to yourself, though. This can be very stressful for you, if you don't.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This is a phase, I hav gone through quite a few times. It will happen a couple more times as well. Just keep doing the best you can and it is because he loves you, but you also need to let him know he needs to be o.k. playing by himself too.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think he will out grow this phase.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i am dealing with the same thing and when i come back in to the room he looks at me and crys all the way over to me i sit on the ground and will let him crawl over to me and play alittle his brother will join in playing
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's a phase and he will outgrow it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• mine was like that and i just had to let him stick it out and then he realized that i wasn't leaving that i would be back
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• sorry no solution, but enjoy it before they outgrow it
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2011