MUSHROOMS???

do you like them, eat them, buy them?? what kinds?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 9:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I love them!!
    I usually just buy button, but at restraunts I will eat whatever they put in front of me. I use canned mushroom soup too!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I love them. Just regular mushrooms, fresh and canned. People here where i live go mushroom hunting, Morel Mushrooms and they are good too. You can make some good money from selling those.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Last night, I cooked sliced baby portabellas in butter and olive oil with some shallots, salt and pepper. After they had softened up a little, I added some red wine vinegar and roughly chopped kale and cooked it until the kale was tender (maybe 5 minutes or so). That was the family's vegetable for last night.

I love mushrooms. I stick with fresh and will eat them raw or cooked.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i love mushrooms. but always fresh i cant stand canned and when i order pizza i always ask if they use fresh or canned so that if they use can then i wont order them. i usually buy button but i love grilled portabellas. just salt pepper and some olive oil drizzled over them yum.. and fried mushrooms are soooo good. but i love them fresh too.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Love ,love ,love mushrooms!!Shitake are great for everything,what i do is get fresh shitake mushrooms and chop fine and saute in butter put them on top of a steak and yum!portabello's are great on the grill,fill them with anything you like they have a taste and texture similar to meat.You can take the small white ones in the store and take stems off add cream cheese that has fried bacon mixed in and fill them up then broil them until tops are brown and double yum appetizers!!And we are not going to go through truffles oh my gosh,very expensive but wonderful on everything.Alot around here hunt for truffles and sell them they look like small brown turds !But you have to dig for them usually around tree roots is where they grow.They have even trained dogs to find truffles.They go for about 1000.00 apound! Love my mushrooms or fungus whichever sounds better!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Love all mushrooms and cook with them all the time. Fried mushrooms are such a great side dish, pickled mushrooms are so delicious, mushrooms in spaghettis sauce and so many casserole. Mushroom soup is a favorite soup. Portabella make a great burger.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I just bought a Costco-sized box of them...at Costco.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I love them! Did you know that mushrooms are a fantastic source of protein? I usually buy portabellas and the baby portabellas.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am severly allergic to them and can't come within 50 feet of anything cooked with them; but my husband and one son likes them and if I'm not going to be around hubby will cook beef strognanoff for him and the boys--hubby's mom used to cook with them just to be nasty to me because she didn't and still doesn't like me for some reason

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Love em! Good on pizza, in pasta, salads. We even pick a certain kind of wild mushroom and eat them here in May-June.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011