Should I let her try to potty all day?

I babysit a little girl who will be 2 in July. I am trying to potty train her brother and my son and she is obsessed with sitting on the potty but she never goes and it is getting old fast bc I have 2 very active boys to look after! But at the same time I don't want to discourage her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, let her. That's a good first step to having her potty trained.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would say if you are training the other 2 than she probably wants to learn as well. I would set a timer and tell her when the timer goes off that is when we go. See if you can get a routine going.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• okay you said you were trying to potty train your son and her brother. is she or is she not already potty trained? you didnt add that. if she is sounds like she is just playing along and i would try to explain to her that she is already a big girl and you need to help the boys be big boys. if she is not than i would work with her also.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• She just wants to do what everybody else is doing. If you exclude her, chances are you'll have hurt feelings and a discipline problem.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011