How to make my own baby food?

Do you make your own baby food?
Suggestions?

What do you think of this

Beaba Babycook

The French baby-food maker that has won praise throughout Europe is finally available to American families. This compact countertop appliance multitasks as a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster to prepare fresh, healthy meals for baby. It starts by steam cooking vegetables, fruits, meat and fish in less than 15 minutes, preserving their vitamins and flavors, then purees or blends them to your desired consistency. You can also use it to quickly reheat or defrost precooked foods.

Prepares fresh, healthful meals for baby.
Includes 2 1/2-cup plastic bowl, cooking basket and spatula, with recipe booklet.
350W, 11" x 5 1/2" x 8" high.

jridgill

Asked by jridgill at 6:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think it's neat
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 6:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I made all my daughters babyfood homemade because the gunk in the jars made me wanna puke so she wasnt eating it either. I wish i had that i just used a food processor but that looks pretty nice. all in one deal, I like that!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 7:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I made all my own baby food. Best tip. make a bit then put the rest of the rest of it in ice cube containers so that it freezers, then you can take out however many cubes you need when you want it and don't have cook from scratch every time. And add some fresh herbs to the mix so that you develop their taste buds. ie bit of rosemary to mush potatoe etc
    Anonymous

• I made all my own baby food as well. I just used a regular steamer, then pureed the stuff with a hand blender. It was simple and I didn't have to buy anything. Then I did like another poster said and froze them in ice cube trays. (After they were frozen, I would take out the cubes and put them into big baggies to take up less room) Then every morning, I would take out however many cubes I needed for each meal (if I remember right, 1 cube=about 1oz), put them into bowls and set them in the fridge to thaw out.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Awesome tips ladies! Thanks so much.
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 9:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008