Do you have any good recipes?

For using ground beef, rice, cabbage, and tomatoes. I know my Mom used to make pigs in the blanket--they have another name also but can't think of it right now(I think it is called stuffed cabbage rolls but not sure)-- but I can't seem to find her recipe. If anyone has a recipe that is close to this please share. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My Mom use to make this. message me and i will call her later. that sounds really good now thanks. lol
    So i can write you back and My Mom is an awesome cook.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't have a crock pot
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Ina Garten(Barefoot Contessa) has a great AND EASY recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls. if i can find it online, i'll post it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls
    1TB packed brown sugar
    1 large head green cabbage
    1 can (15 oz.) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3-1/2 cups marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce (jarred or home cooked)
    1/3 cup raisins
    3 TB lemon juice
    Remove 8 large outer leaves from head of cabbage. In a Dutch oven cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or just until leaves are limp.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Drain cabbage leaves. Trim the thick rib in center of each leaf. Set leaves aside. Shred 4 cups of the remaining cabbage; place shredded cabbage in a 3-1/2 to 6 quart crock pot. In medium bowl combine beans, cooked rice, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce. Divide bean mixture evenly among the 8 cabbage leaves, using about 1/3 cup per leaf. Fold sides of leaf over filling and roll up. Repeat with remaining cabbage rolls Combine remaining marinara sauce, raisins, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Pour about half of the sauce mixture over shredded cabbage in cooker. Stir to mix. Place cabbage rolls atop shredded cabbage. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Carefully remove the cooked cabbage rolls and serve with the shredded cabbage.