Yeast infection... help!

Okay, I went to the doc today, and I have a really bad one. I have had it for awhile and didnt know... Anyways, its very painful, and I am doing the Monistat 7 thing... but I am wondering what I can do for more relief... Any ideas?

I only put this in this section cause no one answers in the Health section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm...just try to keep yourself really clean down there (without messing with internal stuff), change your underwear or pantiliners often, and drink lots of water to help flush it out of your system!

I always took Diflucan for my infections and it worked pretty quick, so I didn't have to deal very much, I'm sorry I can't be of more help!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Cranberry juice...just straight up, all natural, sugar free cranberry juice. It's not that great to drink, but it's a natural diuretic.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 7:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yogurt, eat yogurt about 3 times a day. Yes, it does work...google it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I second the yogurt advice. I had a really bad one too and actually thought something was wrong with the baby. When I found out that it was just a really bad yeast infection, I was shocked (and of course relieved that nothing was wrong with the baby). I had the Activa which was recommended by my doc but I'm sure there are others that could help as well. Did your doctor give you that pill too?? It was a one time pill for me that assisted in clearing up the infection along with the monistat.
    NicosMom52408

Answer by NicosMom52408 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• eat lots of Yogurt
    Gramy6

Answer by Gramy6 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008