Does anyone here suffer from anxiety disorder, depression, or obsessive-compulsive disorder?

I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and OCD. I am currently on 30mg of Cymbalta a day, but my doc just increased it to 60mg a day. Is anyone else using Cymbalta at this dosage? How did you do?

EDIT TO ADD: I have been on the 30mg dose for 3 months now, and before that I was on the 15's(as a step-up to the 'real' dose). The reason I am asking is because I am having some anxiety this morning, and feel the need to see how others have done, lol

Also, I was on Celexa before, but it completely killed my sex drive, so after 4 months I had to switch. Paxil also makes me rather drunk and incoherent, so that's a no-go with kids in the house.

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

• Yes Yes Yes,.. I am currently on 120 mg a day of Cymbalta - however i tend to max out dosages faster than average so she recently added some long named one I can't even say, to help prolong the effects - its a terrible disease to live with... all of them..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• cymbalta did not work for me right now they have me on celexa and it seems to be doing the job
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have generalized anxiety disorder but I'm on Effexor XR. It's the only thing that works for me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have GAD and PTSD. I havent used cymbalta myself but I do know that in any of the drugs used to control anxiety and depression it isnt uncommon to see an increase in dosing. The reason they do this is the first few weeks of using a drug its simply to get it into your system and see how you respond to the medication. I had some adverse side effects to one of the more popular drugs and within the first two weeks my doctor knew. I was taken off it. If she had started me on the higher dose I could have ended up in the ER. If you have any side effects that are more extreme though make sure you call the doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 10:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have anxiety, but I havent been treated for it yet....and I suffer from depression, about to get back on meds for that.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have Anxiety but don't take anything for it but I go to a Therapist. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have an anxiety disorder that I now manage with diet and nutrition. Medication did not do much for me so I decided to try a more holistic approach. The staples of my diet are turkey, fish, avacados, bananas, oatmeal or brown rice and as many vegetables as I can eat. I also drink a chamomile tea/lemonade all day. No Gluten, no dairy, no caffeine, no sugar.
    Example: Breakfast = oatmeal, half a turkey burger, 1/4 avacado, tea
    Lunch = 4 oz halibut, brown rice, dark greens salad w/ avacado and as many veggies as I can, tea
    Snack = Smoothie, frozen berries, flaxseed, almond milk
    Dinner = 4 oz turkey or fish, brown rice, baked sweet potato, tea
    Before bed = 1/2 banana, tsp almond butter
    This has helped me tremendously, I would never suggest that anyone stop medication without consulting their doctor, however, dietary changes can be beneficial regardless of other treatment.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have anxiety and i am on Effexor. I would get it so bad i would have to go to the hospital because i thought i was having a stroke. and it helps me.
    shiffy2

Answer by shiffy2 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have had Depression since I was 12 or 13 and I took Paxil (hated it) and now I am on Wellbutrin which seems to be working really well.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i suffer from anxiety/panic disorder but am not taking anything for it. i probably should though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2011