Are ALL 5 year old girls this DRAMATIC?

My Daughter is on her way to winning an oscar! Any time she is frustrated or anything she absolutly falls out! Her 3yr old brother can barely hit her with a pillow and that ends up in a 20 minute long crying session! Does anyone else out there deal with the same issue???

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 10:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No. My dd just turned 6 and is the youngest and never acted that way. She is spoiled and can get hyper but she doesnt have a cow or anything when her brothers and sister bother her. My oldest is also a girl, and she didnt either. It might just be your dd's personality is all. Everyone is different.

Answer by gemgem at 10:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh yeah!!! My 6 year old DD is the same EXACT way. Its quite pathetic and very annoying! She is our drama queen for sure! I have gotten to where I just send her to her room when she starts up and tell her when she finishes she can come out.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• mine went threw this and now at 7 its no one loves me i call it the pre pre teen stage i hope it gets easyer
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yep, I have a 5 year-old who will fall to her knees and cry like a baby when her 2 year-old sister slaps her pants.. not even hitting her, just the pants.. DRAMA QUEENS R US!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• LOL! I always say I am afraid of what 13 is going to look like if this is what 6 is. LOL!

My 6 year old will stomp down the hall way yelling behind her "Fine! Just fine! Just take all my things then. I don't care. Just take them all!" This because her brother has asked her to return a particular toy she's commandeered. ;)

And my 8 year old son! Ugh. I'm with Devinalexis -- pre-pre-teen. Any time he gets corrected, DS flies into "Why is everyone so mean to me?! It's no fair! I didn't DO anything! You're all just picking on me!! No one loves me any more! You're all just so mean!"

DH and I just look at each other and shrug. I let them both deal with their drama alone in their rooms alone until they're ready to have an actual conversation.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh yes! My daughter started the drama around 4. Now she's almost 8 and still the biggest drama queen. In fact, she just got sent to her room for screaming at me over her homework AND her teacher called to ask what special treat she wanted tomorrow as a prize that she earned while she was in her room and she refused to come out of her room to talk to me while her teacher was on the phone. When I got off the phone I told her 'well now your teacher can see what a drama queen you are'.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sometimes kids escalate their emotions and create drama to try to get attention and get themselves or their emotions "heard". Next time she does it, make eye contact, listen and repeat what she said (so she knows you are listening and understand her feelings). if she doesn't calm down (screaming or crying continues) pretend like you can't understand what she is saying through her screaming/crying. Hopefully she will calm down long enough to quiet down to tell you. See more parenting tips http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my 5 year old walks around saying "ahh dont talk to me you give me a headache" and her brother is 2 and he is always doing spmething wrong towards her even if he is brushing hie teeth she gets mad cuz "its all wrong just all wrong"
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Get use to it!!! I was lucky and had more boys then girls!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My dd can be bad. Although, she has had a lot of emotions to deal with, she is still dramatic.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011