How did you choose your child's godparents?

I chose my cousin who i was close to growing up, she had a rough childhood and we all thought she'd have a child very young (just to have someone to love her back) and now she's my son's godfather and she's awesome!

My DS"s godfather is my best friend who (even when i pushed him away completely) was always there for me. We found out after we became friends that we're distant cousins! I know he'll be a great role model

lashes325

Asked by lashes325 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is whoever you would trust your life with and who you trust your children with and who would raise them the way you would want them raised.  My oldest sister is my children's Godparent only because she is the only one I have contact with and she is the most stable person I know.

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My sister and her partner. She is great with kids. Ds godfather died a couple of months before he was born.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i chose 2 friends that i have known for about 10 years. my oldest's godmother is my aunt, but, my younger two kids have the same godfather & godmother. and it is purely for religious purposes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My daughter doesn't have godparents. :/
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Our grandson doesn't have any and when we decide (IF at all) to ask any one they will be
    considered 'Guardians" to him and and he will have many...
    Our best friends are Catholic along with my SIL these 3 have been considered
    Along with 1 of my sisters (Pagan/Wiccan) and my oldest DD who is a non practicing Lutheran
    I want him to know that there are many ppl out there with many different beliefs and that these
    beliefs are just as right for one person as another beliefs are right for them....

I am a Pagan and my Dh is a non-practicing Lutheran...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011