How many women have no problem bringing up touchy subjects to your husband even though you know it will end up in a fight and that some men will think of it as being the typical nagging type?

I ask because my husband is very difficult! He likes to point the blame on me and all the time I hear from him how I am never happy whenever I want to discuss bills, or just any things I can see needs attention. Its frustrating that I know discussing anything with my husband turns into a fight.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont have a problem bringing things up with my dh. We dont really fight though. Never have. It is weird to me too because my ex and me used to fight over all kinds of things, and my dh and I dont. I wont say we have NEVER fought but my dh is emotional so when I bring things to him he sits on the bed and is all sad and tries to make me feel bad. I dont feel bad though because if it is to the point I have to bring it up I am passed feeling sorry for him or anyone else.

Answer by gemgem at 10:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We fight all of the time now that I give up two hundred dollars a month for my own bills he has stepped back and working and going to school and paying for things I need instead of having my hand out all of the time. But yes those discussions lead to fights with my x now that I contribute and he see's I am working harder to make it happen he does not want to fight. But I have been there and its no fun nagging or looking like the nag.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well, I'm not really the nagging type. So, if i happen to bring up a touchy subject, DH is aware it's something i really want to talk about & he tries his best to listen & understand me.

Sometimes, it does end up in a fight. But, those never last long for us. For some odd reason, when DH starts yelling & getting pissed.....i can't help but laugh at him. This either makes him laugh too, or he just gets more irritated. But, for some reason, my laughing helps simmer things down. Almost as if we find it funny that we're fighting.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I can relate. It sucks, because it's hard to bring up hot button issues, and it never feels like there's a "right time" to bring anything up without it blowing up. And you don't want to start anything and ruin a perfectly nice day or evening. Then they wonder why we bring up other stuff during fights!! If you find a solution to this one, please share!!! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• At the end of my relationship with my son's dad, I hardly spoke to him about anything, because he never understood. He wouldn't listen and he would always think I said something different, which always resulted in an argument.
    I often do the same thing with my roommate - I avoid saying things to him because it will piss him off. It's not a nice way to live... because it all builds up under the surface and will come out in a bad way sometime!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That is how my ex was, and it usually turned violent. So I simply quit communicating at all for 3 years, until our divorce.

I wish I had advice for you, my SO and I don't have that issue. We just talk.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I bring it up anyway....It is a power issue and a way to intimidate you into not trying to resolve issues....I was called a nag, etc....I didn't let him put me on the defensive and eventually he had to talk to me without calling me names because I wouldn't put up with it. It's disrespectul and I would make that an issue.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• we discuss every thing .And no problems .Its a team effort to live and work and pay bills .No subject to hard to talk about,I might tell him hey hold on to your hat on this one but never not been able to talk.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think too many people think a simple discussion is nagging. It's not nagging to ask to talk about bills or when he will find the time to fix something that has sat broken for weeks or months. It just seems like one of those things that has become a joke. Some man complaining because heaven forbid he might have to do something at home that is not fun.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011