Back child support and taxes

If the state took money from my exs taxes for back child support how long will it take them to give it to me?? Were in Ga if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• yicks with all the processing usualy about 6 weeks (i am in CA)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My state tells me up to 6 months.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It takes 6 months. My ex basically only paid his cs this way lol. They snag it from him, then give him 6 mths to file for why it shouldnt have happened. Lets say he was remarried, the state or irs might know that so they hold onto the money in case a new spouse tries to file an injured spouse claim. Or lets say he did pay it and the state hadnt updated, he could show proof and get the money back. They have to give them time. I usually got my ex's tax returns around June-July depending on when he filed.

Answer by gemgem at 10:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Depends on the state. Here in NC I'm not sure when my ex filed but last year I got his federal in April and state in May.

Answer by missanc at 1:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011