Maybe she's having a growth spurt?

The past couple of weeks have been awful. No matter what time DD goes to bed, if I wake her up early for school she's grouchy. I put her to bed at 9 last night and she just woke up a little bit ago and I told her it was time for breakfast and bath and she crawled back into bed, said she was tired, and went back to sleep. She's going on 13 hours of sleep now.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could be? I would keep an eye on her. There are alot of nasty things going around, from flu to strep. I would take her temp when she wakes up and keep an eye on it. If she doesnt have a temp then its probably a growth spurt.

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ugh.. my son does the opposite. he does get growing pains from his spurts but that makes him not sleep at all!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sounds like a growth spurt....Make sure she is eating really nourishing foods.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011