Is it ok?

Ok heres a lil back ground b4 my question. I have a 2 year old from a pervious marriage I am now with a new man and have been for awhile. We are planning marriage, we live together and he is great with dd. Is it wrong for me to let him spank dd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes , its wrong
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We dont spank in our house, but I do have kids from a previous marriage. My dh isnt allowed to discipline them without running it across me first. He can give them time out. Send them to their rooms. But long term discipline is all me.

Answer by gemgem at 10:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think it depends on why he is doing it, how he is doing it, etc. If normally you would spank her for something, but you are not there, then I would think consistency is good.

On the other hand spanking should be used sparingly in my opinion, and only for serious reasons, and never out of anger... You want to be sure he isn't hurting her, and that she understands what is happening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes. would you be ok with her step-mother spanking her?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This is just me..I would never let anyone other than myself or thier father spank my children.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No, I don't believe in spanking kids. What a question!!!! R u crazy!!!!! Damn!!!!!! Did not have the courage to use a real screen name huh, anon!!!!! figures!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• btw i meant yes its wrong.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think it's pretty much up to you. Only you know your situation. I don't spank at all, so of course it isn't okay with me if anyone else were to spank my children, but even if I did spank, it would make me uncomfortable for anyone else to do so.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Of course it is wrong! Tell him to keep his hands off your kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I usually end up spanking my SS. Why? Because my husband is too lazy to do the disciplining. If it isn't done, then he doesn't learn anything.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2011