Not a question--Just need some cheer--today at 10pm one year ago my grandma died.

any cafe moms what to send some cheery thoughts. I still remember my mom calling from north carlina where she lives but I do life the state as grandparents do. Funeral march first. I lived with both grandparents for awhile instead of parents. I would when I lived closer to them(love live about an hour and twenty mins away) I would take grandma to the store and lunch. then dinner with this grandpa and grandma and even got my a job when moved here from washington state and kept for three years. I was close them and grandparents would come visit me and the girls 9,7.6. and bring stuff from their garden. Husband was at work. Just wanted to say thinking of her and this helps some to share some memories of her. I did send grandpa and my mom cards.thanks for listening all cafe mom members.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 11:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• hugs 

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sending hugs youre way! My Grandpa dies one year ago and we miss him!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry mama. I understand...my grandma died a year ago as well. I was very close to her. I think about her all of the time. It is then that I remember she lives on in me.
    HUGS!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• She didn't die. She just crossed over. The separation is excruciating, isn't it? My mom's been gone for almost three years and that realization smacks me up-side of my head sometimes. Light a white candle for your grandma. Spirits can see candle flames in a way that they can't see electric lights. When you feel her come in with a cold chill down your spine, tell her how you feel and how much you love and miss her. She is in a different form, but she is still the grandma you remember. She will enjoy knowing that her family still loves and thinks about her.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hugsI would love to send encouraging words but I have none... I know exactly what you are feeling today. My Grandfather died 8 years ago today.

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hugsI'm sorry, love! I know how it hurts. My dad died a little over a year ago and I still really miss him. I also have lost a grandpa I was really close with. What helps me is to remember the good times with them. The way they made me feel. Focus on the positive instead of dwelling on the loss. Take care sweetie!

kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thanks to everyone for their cheer wishes and I will send your way good thoughts about all other passings listed above.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011