Registries for 2nd Child?

Is this tacky? I am pregnant with our second child, due in June. All of our family lives across the country. We set up an online registry so that IF they decided to get us gifts they would know what we need/want, but is that tacky? I dont want people to feel like they should be getting our baby something when they may not see her for quite a while. We havent told people about the registry yet because I didnt know how to go about it. So... what do you think?

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 11:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• Tell them if (and only if) they ask. You can put stuff on your registry that you intend to buy yourselves.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I agree with CraftingMama.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I did a registry for each of my kids. With the 2nd and later I didn't tell anyone unless they either asked where I was registered or asked me what type of things I needed/wanted for baby. But it made it much easier for people that did want to buy something.

Answer by missanc at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I dont think its tacky. Every baby deserves their own things.

Answer by gemgem at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't think it's tacky, especially if you're 2nd child is the opposite sex of your 1st. It used to be considered tacky by older generations, but just about everyone I know today has a baby shower for each baby and they have a registry.
    courtloux_128

Answer by courtloux_128 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• tell about the people about the registry, do a baby shower ,call everybody you want the best for your baby and give a list gifts to your family and friends.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Im not having a shower, that Im aware of, because all of my friends and family are at least a thousand miles away. I guess I'll just wait and if people ask then I'll give them the info.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I always thought gift registries were irritating, anyway....and rarely look at them....that's just me, though. I know people who love them because it takes the guesswork out of buying gifts....the bottom line is that some people are going to find it tacky, others will not....don't worry about it, and just live your life...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011