Very TMI but I need to know--period related question. adult content

My doctor is male so I am a little too embarrassed to ask him this question.

I've delivered two large babies, but my body was built for it--minor stitches after both deliveries, like maybe 2-3. Healed quickly in both cases. Healed from all the D&?Cs, too.

Here is my very embarrassing question:

Were you able to use tampons after childbirth?

I'm finding that I cannot use them at all! They either fall out (cry) or they are so uncomfortable that I remove them immediately. There is nothing wrong with me--I'm not all stretched out or anything like that! hehe

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 11:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

• Kegals may not help!!!... talk to your doctor about uterine prolas.... I am a mother of twins (duh) and I experience the same thing for years.... I thought i was streth because of delivering 10 lbs of baby,... I have done my kegals.. dinally I had enough of the messes, chaffing and the ever so expensive trips to REPLACE tmons... I talked to my DR bout it... and guess what I have uterine prolase, no matter how many kegals you do, prolase will always win!.... it is very common in women so there is nothing to be embarrased about... talk to you dr.... Male female they all do they same thing!

MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't use tampons, but here's a bump for you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• have you tried to do a work out to make the muscels stronger?
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes, I still use tampons after our two kids, but I have heard that they might be part of the reason why I cramp so bad, so I'm thinking of switching to a menstrual cup. Our Walgreen's just got the disposable ones, which is good, because no way was I going to get fitted for one.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oops, forgot to add that you might want to try Kegel exercises to strengthen your vaginal walls, that might help them stay in better.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I could after I was healed up. Of course, I've only had one child and he was only 7 lbs. Maybe you should switch to pads to be on the safe side. And it would be a good idea to tell your doctor, even if he is male. Or ask a nurse. I don't think you should have a male doctor if you feel so embarrassed by asking him such a simple question, though. So perhaps you should find a new doctor as well.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Ever since i had my DD tampons hurt me too and also feel like they are falling out...yikes
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Scoutmom: What do you mean get fitted for a menstrual cup? I use a Diva and I didn't need to be fitted, I just bought the one for after childbirth.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• CraftingMama: From what I understood you needed to be fitted for one like a diaphragm, is this not the case?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No, most definitely not the case.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011