Did you name the baby you miscarried?

I have been a member of miscarriage support groups since my first loss, in February of 2006. Many women name their lost babies, but I couldn't bring myself to do that.

If you chose to name your baby, would you mind sharing the name and how far along you were when you lost him or her?

Thank you and I am very sorry for all your losses.

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 11:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I miscarriaged at about 7 weeks. On Christmas Day, my husband and I call "her" Natalia Angel (Christmas Angel)
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Our first born was a still birth at 9 months and yes we named her and had her cremated. We were then able to have a happy healthy baby boy who is now just turned 3! So good came out of our bad and sad situation.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes, I did. My first baby is Lily, and I was 13 weeks along....My second baby was an early miscarriage, at about 6 weeks, and I named her Angel....I also registered them both at the Shrine for Unborn Children in New York....It is okay that you didn't want to name your baby...Every mom grieves in her own way and there is no wrong way to grieve.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have never miscarried and am so sorry you and many woman go through or have went through that painful experience.

I don't think I could because I was never decided until I saw my kids face, then I knew who they were.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I miscarried my 1st baby when I was 17 years old. I was 8 weeks along. We did not name the baby....I am pretty sure she was a girl tho...just a feeling I have.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had a miscarriage in October of 2009 I was 6 weeks along and didn't name the baby. I had another miscarriage in April of 2010 and I was 18 weeks along and after we found the baby had no heart beat we also found out it was a girl and I actually delivered her and named her Cianna. I never looked at her though, I couldn't bear the thought of having that picture in my head forever as i'm sure she looked so unhuman like at that point. I do have a 2 year old son though that I had before these miscarriages and I am now 35 weeks pregnant and praying like crazy I get this baby in my arms alive!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I named the one I new I had miscarried. when they did the dnc they said I had scar tissue from other miscarriages but didn't say how many. The one I know of I named her Jessica Hope. I was three months along. I chose a girls name because my first baby was a girl and something told me this one was going to be a girl.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I miscarreid early on (first few weeks). though i have no idea of sex, i dreamt of a baby girl with a certain name in the dream, every night since i became pregnant (had never done that before), that's how i knew i was before the blood tests came back. so yes, she had a name, but it was something special i kept to myself. we had been ttc for a long while, so it was difficult. we are still ttc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• First i'm sorry for your loss, i had a miscarriage in Nov,of 2010. I was 13 weeks and i wanted a little girl so bad, so i named the baby that i loss Soraya i think about my baby all the time that's something i'll never forget.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• no, I miscarried with my first pregnancy, but I was only about 8 to 10 wks along.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011