Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I start today because I have major self esteem issues any advice? I'm nervous to tell a complete stranger all my problems I can hardly tell my husband

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

Answers (4)
  • Just be honest. If u dont open up and be honest they cant help u fully. GL mama!

    Answer by katiebug840204 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I hope it goes well for you. There are a lot of counsellors out there who don't make people feel as comfortable as they should... but there are a lot that do too. Good luck!

    Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • You might be surprised ro find that a therapist is easier to open up to than a spouse might even be. When we confide in a loved one, part of us is worried about protecting their feelings as well, so we are sometimes not completely open with our feelings.

    Therapy can be a very wonderful place where you can talk freely and openly . . . and get 100% support.

    You can also begin by telling your therapist about your apprehension or discomfort . . .. they can help you through that.

    Good luck on your journey :)

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I am a life coach and help so many women with confidence issues. You can check out my blog at to see if anything I write about resonates with you - have lots of tips and thoughts around designing a happy life - maybe something there for you.

    Good luck!

    Answer by SigridSK at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.