How do I start night potty training

My daughter is 2 years old and has got the potty training down during the day but I'm still putting diapers on her at night because she's not night trained. I'm really not sure how to start that process. How do I start that process so I can get rid of the diapers totally?

RichlandMom

Asked by RichlandMom at 11:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try giving her less to drink at night, so if she has alot of fluids before bed try to give her more fluids early and make sure she pees before bed.

My kids got rid of diapers, I bought a peepee pad for kids_I forgot what they are called and we went from their. NO more diapers, not even at night, sometimes they did have accidents and it was more work but they didn't like the feeling and we worked on it together.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I did them both at the same time and mine son did fine but you could keep them until she's stops going at night or you could try it for a week and see if she gets tired of going and learns to get up and go potty. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• with my son i stop drinks at 6pm and i dont let him wear a diaper to bed he peed the bed a few times then realized he didnt like to be wet at night lol so now he wakes up to go potty in the middle of the night
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 12:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• In most cases, nighttime potty training is more of an issue of physical development than it is understanding restroom procedures. In fact, waking up with a dry diaper is one sign that a child is ready to potty train. She may just need more time for her body and mind to develop.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011