How much T.V. do you let your children watch a day?

lovelyheaven271

Asked by lovelyheaven271 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• We don't have a TV in our home so they don't watch any. My husband and I both grew up in poverty so we never had a TV and as adults had no desire to start watching. Our kids don't seem to miss it.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• More than I want or said I was going to -I am currently working on changing that, now If I could get my husband to turn the damn thing off..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i try to limit it to no more than an hour and a half a day, but that doesn't always work if DH wants to watch a movie after dinner. most days the kids in school don't watch any. but my three year old wants to watch Thomas and Friends all day.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Depends on their age. My 6 yr old doesnt really get to watch alot. She comes home from school and has something to eat. When shes having something to eat she watches cartoons. I would say maybe 30 minutes? Then homework, bath and then we watch a movie together (and she falls asleep during it lol). My 10 yr old I let watch move TV but mostly he wants to play on his game system. My 17 yr old can watch as much as he wants, but he usually is too busy to watch more then an hour.

Answer by gemgem at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He has a tv in his room as do we, he can watch when he wants, I stay home with him and he's not glued to it so I don't worry.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The tv is usually on all day for background noise but the kids mostly play in their room (no tv in there) so i would say they actually sit down and watch for maybe 1-2 hrs a day.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• 2 hrs but he's 13 mos old and he watches baby einstien and learning videos
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011