Men....

Do some men just not show emotion, such as showing emotions of aprreciatating what you do for them???

If so, how do you handle this, what do you do???

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband is the sweetest man, but he is highly unexciteable!!! It bothers me, but it's just the way he is. I mean, I could tell him I bought him a trip on the Russian space shuttle for his birthday and he MIGHT smile when he thanked me! I would be jumping up and down screaming and peeing my pants! As a matter of fact, he often says that..."What do you want me to do? Piss myself?"
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• p.s. the one thing that is vital is that you don't take it personally. It's him, not you.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am lucky. My hubby is very appreciative of me and what i do for him and our children. I've been a stay at home mom for 2 1/2 yrs and he always makes me feel good about myself. He came home from work one day and the house was a wreck, dinner wasnt finished, the kids were misbehaving, laundry was on the couch (not folded) and my hubby kissed me and said i know how hard u work thank u and then he finshed dinner and helped me fold the clothes.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• And that may be the reason that we are blessed with friends, sisters, and moms. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My DH is not emotional in any way. I know he cares, he was just brought up that way and I guess it's the MANLY thing to do.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes there are men like that. It drives me nuts!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It is good to know I am not the only one who is dealing with this, but I am sorry others go through it as well. Learning to not try and take it so personal and now figuring out it isn't me. Ugh, how it really gets to me sometimes.......:/
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If it bothers you maybe he isn't the guy for you. Seriously. I lived in a relationship for over 7 years where I just thought that kind of behavior was normal. No "thanks", no appreciation- just expectations.

Now I am in a relationship with someone wonderful who thanks me every time I fold laundry or do the dishes. And I thank him too!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That is how i am, I believe he cares but it is so different to be with someone who doesn't show a lot of emotion.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My husband didnt appreciate what i did for the family until i got tired of it and left him for awhile i left him with all the kids and from that point on he appreciated everything i do for the family
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 12:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011