Do food banks go off of income?

We make too much for any assistance but we have run into a temporary hardship this month and I could really use the help. :( I don't mean like we can't afford the goodies, I mean I'm down to $4 without a paycheck for a week and am in need of staples.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some do and some dont. You would have to check into it and ask around. There are churches in my area that offer help to anyone no matter their income.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I went thru a hardship myself and although I was on a payroll was off from work with no pay. The foodbank was there for us during that time.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Some do. There are churches that don't, at least here there are.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• some do and some don't . some just ask how many is in your home
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• contact your city hall or municipal building etc.. and they should be able to help you and find you a food bank
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would call some local churches, if they can't help you they can tell you who can. Also, in our state you can call 211 for a range of services! I hope things get better for you soon!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011