My puppys sick *UPDATE*

he isnt eating or drinking anything and he is so weak....what can i do to help him??? please help

**sorry ive been very busy taking care of him...It was Parvo he is doing alot better no longer is there blood in his stool he isnt puking anymore and hes up moving around and drinking water himself the vet hooked him up to an i.v and he is doing ALOT better as of now.**

111807mom

Asked by 111807mom at 11:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pets

• Take him to the vet.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Take him to the vet... do you know what he's sick with? What about trying hamburger and rice mixture
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You have force a little pedialite in him. Really needs to see a vet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hes going to the vet today when dh gets off work but until then is there anything i can do??
    111807mom

Comment by 111807mom (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Take him to the vet NOW. Puppies can go downhill quickly. Not to mention there are diseases like Parvo and if you catch it early they can be saved, if you dont catch it on time they have to be put down. Its a painful way to go.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yeah hes going to the vet today when dh gets off work i forced a little pedialite but he threw it right back up
    111807mom

Comment by 111807mom (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i cant take him to the vet now i dont have dds carseat in my car its in dhs
    111807mom

Comment by 111807mom (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If he is not keeping liquids down at all, take him to an emergency vet now.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is there someone who can come stay with your dd while you take the puppy to the vet? Has he had puke or diarrhea with blood in it? If he's had any diarrhea, does it smell more strong/stinky that usual? Those, along with the weakness/lethargy, can be signs of either Parvo or Giardia (I've experienced both)....either one can KILL the puppy! I hope you can get him to the vet before it's too late. Good luck!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It sounds like parvo virus to me too. I hope he is ok. Some things can wait, but I agree with the others here, you really can't get him to the vet fast enough if it is parvo. 50% of pups survive parvo...hope it is something else. He could be blocked, puppies eat things they shouldn't and sometimes can't pass the objects. Either way, he is really sick and the sooner you can get him there the better. Call the vet, a tech might be willing to help and come get him if you aren't too far away.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011