What do you think of this?

Ps 37:29,34- The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it. Hope in Jehovah and KEEP his way, and he will exalt you to take possession of the earth. When the wicked ones are cut off, you will see it.

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm sad for people that believe stuff like this.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 12:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Why is it vital for everyone else to question their religion but forbidden for you as a Jehovah's Witness to question yours?

•  

Anonymous

• do your elders know you are reading and partaking in activity that is not authorized by the Witness' sanctioning body? Your overseers would not be happy with you being on a website.

http://www.towerwatch.com/

Anonymous

• I think it's narrow-minded, bigoted and even potentially dangerous.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• where is this from ????
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• the Bible, letstalk..Psalms 37.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• wow ok this is in the bible ! My question is what does this mean for you? Noone answer lol
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• To me this passage means, in its most basic interpretation, that those who follow God will have eternal life with Him, where as those that don't follow Him will not.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• all my versions say the LORD, not Jehovah, which tells me that your translation is out of the Watchtower's translation, the New World Translation. What I get is that it's referring to the 1,000 year reign of Christ, after the Tribulation when the Antichrist and his false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire and satan is bound in hell for the 1,000 years. It's saying to trust in the Lord and endure and we will inherit the "promised land." ALL who hold fast to His teachings will be with Christ. It is NOT Jehovah's Witnessess only. That is a LIE.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I dont' believe the bible as literal truth and I certainly don't believe in God so this passage is meaningless.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• close Join now to connect to