Tax/Income

Did you qualify for the EIC and/or the Child Credit? & what is your household income and is that one income or two? Feel free to respond anon. I won't respond to the other income post in my main group b/c I cant respond anon.

We didn't qualify for EIC or Child Credit and our income last year was $181K. We are a 2 income family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes. DH was laid off and only worked half the year. We only earned around $14k this year not including unemployment. We got EIC and child tax credit for one of the kids only (other kids aged out). This was only one income obviously.
    Anonymous

• No. We don't qualify to EIC. We are a 1 income household and our income for 2010 was over $64,000.
    Anonymous

• We don't qualify for EITC but we do, i believe, get the child tax credit. I'm not sure cause taxes are DH's department.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We qualified but we have only one income and made under $35,000.
    Anonymous

• No we made 50K. I was hoping we would since I got laid off and am on UE (that does not count as earned income), but we still came in too high since I was paid from work until June. The child credit we always get.
    Anonymous

• anon- you would not qualify for the EIC with an income of 80K. Typo perhaps???
    Anonymous

• Yes we qualify.....thankfully..I guess..I would rather make more money and get no refund though! I am thankful for the tax refund!!
    Anonymous

• We made $131k, no EIC, partial child credit.
    Anonymous

• Whoops, I'm the anon right before this one. I forgot to say we are 2 income.
    Anonymous

• Anon (lol, everyone her is anon) UE IS federally taxable.
    Anonymous