Do you sell and buy on EBAY , any tips or warnings

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• I have done both. When selling I would say be leary of new account with zero feedback. When buying read the feedback before buying.

Answer by gemgem at 12:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've done plenty of both. I personally will only buy from someone with no less than a 100% rating.
    Anonymous

• I only buy and for personal preference I only buy New With Tags, and only if they offer paypal which most sellers do. That way its guaranteed. I bought what was advertised as a real leather purse and it turned out it wasn't and paypal refunded my $ and the seller said I could just keep it. because it would cost way too much to ship it back. when ever I have had issue,s the seller has always made them correct. I always look at their feedback before I buy from a new seller.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have tried to sell . . . I just would up losing money. Craigslist has been a thumbs up, though . . .bought and sold there.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• There are CM groups that can help you. I lost money but the ladies in the group helped me keep from losing more than I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Only bought, and only from sellers with an outstanding feedback rating. However, I just got a NWT cute shirt from ebay yesterday, and it has a huge tear in it! It did not say irregular and the feedback on the seller was 100% positive....so I guess there are going to be times that what you buy may not be what you expected. Luckily, there's a way I can have the top hemmed and the tear, chunk of torn material actually, will not matter.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• only buy from someone with no less than a 100% rating.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'd rather have root canal. I don't like "he-bay" that's DH thing (probably a lot of DHs). I'd rather research online and buy online or know I can go to a store and get it and how much it will cost and the only waiting I do is maybe at checkout.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 11:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i do both watch out for retaracted bids  as this can be a sign that someone is bidding up the price but with no intention of actually buying the item. This is usally somone close to the seller or the seller themselves!

Visit my eBay Store Bello Boutique

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011