How many outfits do you buy your kids per season?

I am just curious what other moms are doing out there and what is the "norm". I have a bad habit of buying too much for my kids, mostly my dd (shes the baby and I had 3 boys just before her). I always have good intentions and say I am just going to buy her 4-5 outfits and end up getting her more. How many outfits do you get your kids? This can be used or new. I have found great finds at Goodwill and yard sales myself.

Asked by gemgem at 12:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I guess i never count. Sometimes, i realize she is wearing the same clothes over & over, that's when i go through them, get rid of the old stuff & buy new stuff. I get her nice clothes, but i also frequent the thrift stores on Wednesdays when everything is 1/2 off. I have found some of her coolest clothes at the thrift stores. I like to have lots of options for her though. We like clothes!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I buy as many as good deals that I find,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• we are given a bunch of hand me downs from my nephew who is 13 months olde than ds. but if he needs clothes before we get the hand me downs, we buy him what he needs. But... i just spent about $80-100 of tax return money on ds at Ross...got 5 complet outfits (shirt and short sets), 2 tshirts, 1 pair of jean shorts, and 1 pair of pants.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I love to shop for my two little girls, especially the 3 year old. I like a good deal, so yard sales and thrift stores are great. We also really like JCP. Mostly though we have all hand me downs from my cousin who is 5 because my aunt shops A LOT at stores like Old Navy and Children's Place so we get a lot of really nice barely used stuff.
    I don't have a lot of extra money and we just paid off our credit cards so there won't be a lot of shopping in the near future LOL...
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We shop every other weekend for all 3 of us if that tells you anything.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I buy new clothes when my kids outgrow what they have.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm buying clothes for my dd aaaaaaaaaaaall the time. And she's growing fast too. She's already outgrown 3T from what I bought for her in the fall, so we are going shopping on the 2nd!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have boys and don't buy "outfits". I buy 8-10 t-shirts and 5-7 pairs of shorts. In the winter I buy jeans and long john shirts to go under their t-shirts. I just think it is a total waste to buy completely different wardrobes for each season. It seems too wasteful to me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I love 1/2 days at the thrift stores myself. One time I found my dd a brand new Sketchers dress for $6 and half off came to $3.

I am glad to see though I am not the only one who shops alot. My dh just rolls his eyes is all and when and if I happen to find really good deals I dont like passing them up. I clean our her dresser & closet every season and pass then down to my cousins little girl. For instance last week I found Tshirts on sale at the childrens place for $5 each and had a coupon code for another 15% off and a coupon for free shipping. I ended up with a bunch lol. But it was a great deal!

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• the older boys (7 and 8) each have pants/shorts to last 6 days and shirts for a week. about 10 pairs each of socks and underwear. the girl (6) has socks, underwear, pants/shorts/skirts and shirts for a week, plus 3 or 4 dresses in the summer. the 3 year old boy has 10 pair of pants/shorts and 10 shirts. about 20 pairs socks and 5 pairs of underwear (he is still in diapers, moving to underwear). the baby (9 months) has about 15 shirts/oneies and about 5 pairs of pants. he has about 20 pairs of socks.

most of the time they have some clothes around and i just buy what i need to get it where i want it. The younger two boys wear alot of hand-me-downs from the older boys, and we are given clothes for my daughter alot. so i don't buy much for them.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011