How to prevent water looking stains on my clothes?

They aren't there when I put my clothes in my washer but when they come out there's a stain that looks like it's just wet. Is it from the soap or what?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Could be...do you use powder or liquid detergent? Is it there after you dry your clothes? If so, then there's a really good chance that it's from your fabric softener.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you use a top loader start the cycle and put your detergent in first. Wait a minute or two then put your clothes in. Dryer sheets often leave 'greasy" resdiue on some fabrics. My Mother recently ruined a $150.set of sheets due to dryer sheets. Be sure to check your care labels on your clothes some will specifically say use no fabric softner.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Happened to me, turned our the washer was leaking grease during the wash cycle and stained the clothes
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• you can buy some high quality in http://www.outbackbikers.com/
    unflag

Answer by unflag at 3:55 AM on May. 4, 2011