I have so many grease stains on my shirts from my babies. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? I don't want to have to kebuying new shirts.

grubby2006

Asked by grubby2006 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• are you sure they are grease? i mean, how would your baby/child be getting into something greasy, then transferring it to your clothing? if it is an oil-based stain, you can try cornstarch/talc on it, as a pre-wash, to lift the oil off the fibers. chances are, if you've already washed these items, the talc won't work.
    remember to check your clothing for any stains before washing, especially oil-based, and treat accordingly.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't know what they are really. I just don't notice them till after I have washed my clothes and they are just colorless spots. I just assume they are from them grabbing at me with stuff on thier hands or bodies.
    grubby2006

Comment by grubby2006 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• try rubbing dish detergent on those spots & letting it soak, oxy clean works well too if you let it sit on the spot. My DH swears that Lysol all purpose cleaner works wonders on his stains.He sprays it on & leaves it there before throwing it in the wash. I have never tried it....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Jergens bar soap gets out everything!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 1:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• spray and wash or shout. if you already washed them though, they probably already set and may not come out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Stain Stick by Spray 'n Wash works wonders for me, along with Oxy Clean. Even on grease stains that are set in.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011