Dd has been just lieing around

my 3 year old dd went to the er last friday night due to a low grade fever and bumps on her back. they told me she had a skin infection and an allergic reaction to something. they but her on clindomyicn(sry for spelling) and benadyl. within 1 hour of the nurse giving her the meds dd looked 90% better, the only thing wrong was the skin around both of her eyes was really red like she had been crying really hard for a really long time. the redness started after we got to the er, they said it was nothing to worry about. so ok i bring dd home give her the meds and sure enough the redness goes away in a few days and she is acting like good ol maddie again. well monday layied down for a nap and that is just something that she doesnt do! so on monday and tuseday she took naps and still went to bed early and slept in. i just thought her body was fighting off what ever she has.but yesterday when we went to go pick ds up from school early, as we weere walking back she turned really pale and asked me to carry her. after we got home i told her to eat a few bites of her pop tart while i made them a good breakfast, i just thought she needed to eat. after she ate a few she got color back in her cheeks. but it seemed like she slept all day yesterday.didnt get up to play or nething. it wasnt till last night when dh said she could help him cook that she got up and did something. also shes had a low grade fever since yesterday morning the highest it has gotten is 100.5. but her just lieing around is worring me. dh says that she is just fighting off her sickness and she needs to rest. could that be why she is staying in bed so much or should i take her back to the doctor? please help mamas and thank you

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would take her back to he doctor.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Mama, my son has been doing the same thing. I say it is fighting it off too.

He started off with a slight cough, fever high for 3 days, he was on tyl and motrin, then the fever went down and he had diareha there is so much going on these days it stinks getitng a virus, flu or not being able to identify what it is.... They take it day by day could be a week or 2.

A couple of months ago, he rashed out with high fevers, and the doctors still could not say why...... It is crazy but very fustrating, good luck and keep doing what you do.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• At least call the doctor see what they say.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011