Jesus=God?

Is Jesus the son of God or God himself...? This is one thing I am having a problem grasping with the Christian religion because people use the terms so loosely and it makes no sense to me....Pls explain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Someone explained it like this to me. God+Jesus+ Holy Spirit are one. Think of it as a coin. One side is the Father God, The other side is Jesus and the middle is the Holy Spirit.
    Anonymous

• Jesus is God's SON. They aren't the same person any more than your child is you.
    Anonymous

• OP here-Then why say the Lord Jesus Christ?
    Anonymous

• I believe they are seperate beings. I can point out some verses in the Bible that bring me to my beliefs but I'm not feeling very well right now. I'll check back in a bit--maybe someone else can post some?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There are many lords. there are many gods. There is only one Supreme Being, or Universal Father. Just like in our country, judicial system there are many courts and judges, but only one Supreme Court.
    Anonymous

• It was common practice for Israelite wives to call their husbands "lords". Sarah did, even in her heart.
    Anonymous

• Read the Bible and it will answer all your questions. Except Jesus as your Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit will dwell in you and show you what you need to know. If you except Jesus you will go to Heaven to live with God. And when there in a perfect mind and body you will understand everything you need to know. Some things you just believe in faith.
    Gramy6

Answer by Gramy6 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• while I also have mental issues with thinking of this... it confuses the hell out of me LOL

some one described it best as "I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a friend..." I think that's a good view point on it. KWIM? I know it doesn't fully explain it but it helped me with some of my mental block on the topic.
    Anonymous

• Good question! I taught AWANA and one of the ways we explained the Trinity was like an apple... the peel, the fruit and the seeds... all are one apple. Or an egg... the shell, the white and the yolk; all part of one egg. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all separate entities yet all part of the same Being.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• it's a different answer for some religions. in mine it's jesus is god's son.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008