Do I get between my son and his girl friend's relationship?

My son's girl friend has been giving him a lot of sad and uneasy moments, I tell him to date another girl. He is kind of sad, it's his first.

xochitle

Asked by xochitle at 12:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• The first is always the hardest. It sounds like they r not a good match!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would give him adviceabout the relationship, but I wouldn't but into their relationship.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You dont. You just have to let it run its course. Be there and give him the advice he needs, but be careful too. I have noticed with my adult kids that when you say something about the bf/gf they tend to want it to work even more badly just to show us that we are wrong. I really dont understand the psychology of it lol. I backed off with my older boys (didnt with my dd she ended up marrying the guy I didnt like) and the boys have all seen the light on their own.

Answer by gemgem at 12:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• As hard as it will be for you, let him work it out on his own. Be there when he needs you and answer questions or advice if asked but leave it at that. I hope it works out for him.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This is a REALLY good opportunity for you and the men in his life to guide him through. I would just support him and educate him. Chances are, this will not be the woman that he marries, so, hopefully, he will be able to learn from this experience.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No.  Just be there for him.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's hard to watch. You just have to let him figure it out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He has to figure this all out on his own. Do not get between them or he might resent you for it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Introduce him to some girls.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would like to thank all the moms out there for all your support with my son's girl problem. It means a lot to me!!!
    xochitle

Comment by xochitle (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011