Is anyone married to an alcoholic?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 12:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• No but my uncle was one and he died at 45, it is very sad.

No one can help them, they have to want to get better, so just a word of advice. If you want them to see there true self.

Video tape them and let them see what they are doing to you and your family... Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• no but my sister is one. Whats going on?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• No thank God but I used to date one. They are no fun.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• kind of. He drinks every day, but he drinks only like 4 beers from the time he gets home which is 3:30, to the time he goes to bed...which is 10:00. That's 6 1/2 hours. So, he doesn't get drunk at all. A little buzzed, but that's it.
    Anonymous

• i am and its hard he stoped drinking thank god but i am always helping him stay away from drinking
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... My husband might drink once a year if I am lucky which makes me feel bad,because what I I have fun, and loosen up (even Jesus did the wine at the wedding)... I thank God my husband isn't, and known those that are, and what they face makes me wanna cry
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• jen4443- I'm new here and I'm trying to answer you. I'm depressed and hurt and I want to leave my husband but I cannot afford attorney fees. I'm so sick of it. He drinks beer and vodka every day!
    tastymama

Comment by tastymama (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My MIL is and I have seen that marriage up close because I have lived with them. I agree with KFree907, video-tape him and show him what he does! There are alot of helplines and groups for people like him. I know it probably sounds terrible, but I wouldnt leave him. I would try to help him. He probably has issues that are causing this problem if you can just get him to seek help. I think the emphasis should be on lovingly changing and helping.

You also should make sure you talk with your kids about how they should not try drinking because the kids of alcohalics are more likely to think that such behavior is normal and try it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My Mom always warned us to never marry a drinker. So I heeded her advice and never got involved with an alcoholic. However, my sister was married to one for about 15 years. He was miserable. She finally left him and he pretty much drank himself to death.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011