Motherhood : A New World

How do you experience motherhood withing your family ?

Do you feel you've gained more respect and affection from yr HB & In-laws ?

Do you feel that you and your husband are mainly in charge for your baby / ies, or do you feel that grandparents and the extended family may strongly influence your kid(s)
upbringing ?

Thanks !

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I love being a mom but I have over the years felt like my own parents have been over opinionated about my choices with the kids. Initially I took it personally but have learned to let it go. I cherish the time I have with my kids and having both small and adult kids realize more then ever how time really flies, so sweating the small stuff just isnt worth it.
    My husband and I have 100% say so in how we raise the kids. I have kids from a previous marriage but my dh and I make decision for them just as if they were his own. I do all the punishment though. My inlaws and parents have an influence on my kids lives, but I have the authority to limit it. When I dont agree with them (IE spanking) I speak up and say so.

Answer by gemgem at 1:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011