am i just lazy or would you feel this way?

ok my hubby came home for lunch telling me that he is only going to get to work 2 days next week and 2 days the week of christmas and he continues to tell me "so you have to get a job im not gunna work 2 jobs just to pay the bills " so any way i have my CNA licence so i could get a job tommaro but the point is if i do i will have to work thanksgiving and wont be there for my kids but husband will i will either have to work christmas day or eve and we things with family both those days so i will miss christmas too. it would take days to find a job were i cold be off those days. i just cant understand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't understand what you are asking. Would I feel what way?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Do you have a staffing registry nearby? I'm a nurse and have worked registry for a couple years now. The one I work through I get to say when I'm available. I know there are some that require you to be available certain days and times. Look into it. That way you can work when you need to pick up extra shifts to make ends meet w/o the fulltime commitment. PLUS..you make more working registry.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There are plenty of jobs that you can get that you don't have to work for Thanksgiving or christmas. Plenty of corporate jobs as a receptionist etc etc. I don't think your husband is wrong in asking for you to get a job so that he doesn't have to work two jobs. I think he'd like to be home with his family too. I do understand what you're saying about not wanting to be gone for the holidays. There has to be a way to compromise. Tell him that you'll look for a job but you want to find one that doesn't require you to work and be away from your family on holidays.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I work at an airport. Airplanes know no holidays...and we don't get them either.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No, I would go get the job. It wouldn't be fair to make my husband work to jobs. But my husband already misses holidays due to the Navy. Find a different day to celebrate Thanksgiving. It is just a day. So move it. Our family has had to do this several times. We celebrated our 1st Christmas together on Valentines Day. He was in bootcamp for Christmas. I just wouldn't feel right making my husband work another job, just because I couldn't get off on the Holidays.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm starting a CNA course on Monday so I can get certified and get a job after I give birth. It won't be easy but that's what I have to do right now to help make ends meet.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• IDK what your situation is but can you survive if you wait until after christmas to get a job??
    funmomof2

Answer by funmomof2 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008