2 month old screams bloody murder when her father is around

I have notice that my 2 month old dd screams whenever she is around dh or her brother. For example, yesterday dh and ds spent part of the day outside washing the car. I fed dd and put her in her swing and I didn't hear a peep out of her(scared me I thought something was wrong. Dh had to go to a metting yeserday afternoon so he took ds with him so I could study. They were gone for like 5hrs. Again I changed her and fed her and put her back in her swing. She was quite as a mouse, soon as dh and ds stepped in the house and heard them talking she pitched a fit. Dh picked her up to console her and she got even louder. As soon as I got her quiet down. This went on all night if they even got near her she started screaming. What coul be wrong? Its starting to hurt dh feelings.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she loves mama only....
    :)

Maybe he is not holding the baby right or something investigate and see what the problem could be and try to soothe her when she is in daddy arms. or better yet you say that is daddy, look at daddy and do nice nice daddy, you have to make an effort to show her daddy is good and who is good.....

Good luck but make it a point to show affection around daddy and when you are holding her say awww, this is daddy, you know we love daddy.... and anyone else she fears or screams too. You have to show her it is safe before she thinks you agree.... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• She may not like the tone of their voices. If they are loud, it may startle her. She's only 2 months old so she's still adjusting to her world. Give it some time, she'll be a daddy's girl before he knows it!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My oldest did this for a little while with dh. Don't know why. I thought maybe his nervousness with holding him.
    Anonymous

• It could be a lot of things that set her off- like dad's voice or tone in his voice, his 'smell', maybe he is not comfortable with her and she senses it, maybe she does not like the way he holds her..... or it could be she is just a 'mommys girl' and wants mommy. Maybe dad should start talking in a quieter 'soft' voice. I would also suggest you sleep with one of her blankets so it 'smells like you' and then have dad drape it over him when he holds her. I would also tell dad to give it time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's normal. Male creatures are alien beings to these little babies. **smile** She WILL get past it, and then it will be All Dad All The Time.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011