I have to write an argument and do an active debate about abortion, so what do you think the strongest argument against abortion is?

I have to debate this in front of alot of people and I want what I say to affect what they think. So, what are the most powerful pro-life arguments in your opinion? What makes you stop and think "Wow, no way to argue with that!" ?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in

• it's wrong to kill a child
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have had practices with my opponent and he always says "It is not a child yet because it isnt born yet." or "It isnt a person until it is born." What do I say to this???
    amber710

Comment by amber710 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you know anyone that works in a hospital lab. definately there is a lab tech that would probly work in histology. If you had to go through the abortion bags. see what is actually there. the twins the triplets... the ones where you KNOW mom lied about how far along she was... just the reality of if.. for most women they go to the hospital close their eyes and they wake up and they are not pregnant anymore . but if they had to look at what was taken away... the reality. that is the arguement against abortion. and like all things .... there are ALWAYs exceptions to all rules.
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 1:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• if they have a stand against the death penalty, then how could they support abortion? That's a good argument. if they are for the death penatly, then you could make the innocent vs. guilty argument.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Science/medicine has never and will likely never be able to pinpoint the exact moment of conception or the exact moment of viability. In addition to that, the age of viability, whatever exact moment that might be, gets lower and lower due to advances in medicine. As a result there is no way to know for sure that an aborted child was not yet viable, and what we consider "not yet viable" today may very well be completely savable years from now.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• An argument that I always found compelling and worth pondering is that since know one is sure when exactly life/personhood begins, would it not be better to err on the side of caution and not kill the fetus/baby?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• PHOTOS SAY A THOUSAND WORDS, IF YOU CAN GET A CLIP OF EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE HAS AN ABORTION, THEN THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH.....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• "It is not a child yet because it isnt born yet." or "It isnt a person until it is born." What do I say to this???

many children are born prematurely and live. Just becasue an infant is in the womb, doesn't mean they aren't alive. and some infants are born full term and need life support, so he can't make that claim either. But my strongest debate would be...conception is not only science, but a mirical, NO ONE reallys knows for absolute at what point we become "alive", hence the debate. But ask any mother with a child born, and i'm guessing she would argue that her baby was alive early in the pregnancy if not directly following conception of that baby.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My famous anti abortion slogan. "Adoption is always an option". The only time I think it's acceptable is if it is life threatening to the mother to carry the baby full term.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I can only rationalize 3 ways for an abortion, rape, incest and health of mother. If you're old enough to make the decision to have sex, be prepared to become a parent! As soon as the fertilization begins is when a life begins. Regardless of how blind you are to what you can't see, feel your killing a baby. Give it up for adoption or better yet, refrain from sex until you're ready for the responsibility.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011