IVE BEEN HAVING MINI CONTRACTIONS FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS. THEY ONLY COME AT BED TIME. SHOULD I GO TO THE HOSPITAL OR WAIT? BY THE WAY IM 39 WEEKS.

CONTRACTIONS

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 7:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would wait, honestly, until either your water breaks, or your contractions become either regular and you are able to time them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• probably braxton hicks if only at one time a day you can call your dr and see what they say and of they want you to g in
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I would wait. You will know when you need to go. If you can't get them to go away by walking, laying down, warm bath, and they are so bad you can't bare it then yeah go in.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• How bad are they? My best friend had contractions pretty regularly at night for two nights in a row, but they went away during the day. Then during the third day her water broke, and her daughter was born two hours later! It was because she had been in labor for two days. I'd ask your doc. It's prob braxton hicks, but you never know. At the very least go to the hospital as soon as your water breaks.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If they stop when you lay down then you arent in labor. they will just send you home. you should be having a dr. appointment a week now right? so ask the next time you are there about it & see what they say.
    Anonymous

• you don't want to be in the hospital any longer than necessary so I would wait. You want to go in when they are longer, stronger, and closer together.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008