Anyone else NOT like Christmas?

LOL I'm such a bah-humbug! I HATE Christmas shopping (spend way too much money for stuff we and others don't need), hate decorating (kids mess with it, have to pack that crap up after it's done too), hate having to pick which family we're going to spend the holiday with (can't we just have our small family have Christmas, NOT go to one of the inlaws??) omg I never look forward to Christmas. I really love Halloween better, everything is so much cheaper (and I love the decorations better too!) Plus why do shoppers turn into such assh*les this time of year? Holy crap dudes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• oops I didn't mean to post anon, I'm proud of my Christmas-hating ways!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I hate the spending also. It seems like you have to keep up and do better than the year before. Plus it is over dramatized. People think it is all about gifts and not the real meaning or the real meaning of giving. I hate the disappointment of people if what they received is not good enough or it is not lavish enough.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Wow, for someone who hates the holidays, you sure get into it.
    I do not like Christmas...I don't shop, I don't cook, and I don't decorate. I've brought my kids up to know what the holiday is "supposed" to represent, and none of the shopping, cooking, or decorating have anything to do with it.
    I love Thanksgiving. Now there's a no-pressure holiday!! Nobody is every disappointed! Everyone loves to eat.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i like christmas just for the kids, other than that i could care less, i hate hate thanksgiving though!
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i love all things xmas..just wished i lived in an area of the country where we'd get snow around that holiday. something about clear skies and sunshine @ 65* doesn't look xmas-y.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I love Christmas but I hate spending too much money and dealing with the crowds and traffic. I love spendiing time with my family and the Christmas lights and music. I like the simpler aspects of it.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Maybe this year you should try a few different things, such as try having it at home while wearing you p.j.'s all day (if family complains then let em'... you've got your husband and kids and sometimes spending time as a family at home on a special day is needed), buy less for everybody, but something you know they'll love, and don't go decorating crazy... just do up that tree with kiddies (or make them do it), and leave the rest alone, when you cook on x-mas use foil pans to throw out after that hams done and cook only what you know you guys will eat, don't go overboard or wear yourself out, but things you also know you will enjoy snacking on and eating.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh man, Black Friday should be outlawed! There is so much meanness in the air :(

I guess why I don't like Christmas and Thanksgiving as well is being told where we're going to be and what we're going to bring. I'm seriously considering bringing sushi and tacos to Thanksgiving. I wish we could just stay home, just the 4 of us, but it's like tug of war every year since our families live in different cities.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No, no, no! I love Christmas and Thanksgiving. It's a great time of year. We don't over spend, we just shop wisely. I'm so looking forward to all the food and the cookies especially.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Not me! It drives me crazy. Especially when department stores thinks Christmas starts in September. I am so done with the idea by the time it comes around. I just like watching my kids on Christmas day. Their faces are the only thing that make it worth it. That and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation HAHA:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008