For woman who exclusivly pump.

I am using fenugreek, fennel, mothers milk tea, and blessed thistle. I can only manage to pump 10-16 oz a day, any advice on how to pump more milk, I use an electric medella dual swing...So I am using a good pump...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The pump will be what it says it is. That's great! You've been given a TON of great advice here.

You're a brave woman. Exclusive pumping is HARD work!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• A compounding pharmacy is a pharmacy which actually formulates a drug. The pills have to be made and aren't readily available from a pharmaceutical company.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I wish I can pump that much! I have a low supply...
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 1:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oatmeal, dark ale, raspberry leaf. Beyond that you'd have to start thinking of Domperidone. Also, how often are you pumping? When I exclusively pumped I had to pump for 10 minutes every 2 hours to keep up with my baby AND boost my production at the same time.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• what's Domperidone? I pump every 2 hrs for 10 min as well...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Domperidone has to be prescribed and can only be gotten in a compounding pharmacy, but it is very effective.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• he Swing isn't a bad pump, but it's not made to do what you're asking of it; sorta like asking a Prius to tow a big trailer!

If you can't afford a good double electric like the Pump In Style, see about renting one from a lactation consultant. While rentals cost more in the long run, it might be easier for you to pay a much lower monthly rental fee instead.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• what's a compounding pharmacy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• the pump says pump in style on it... i bought it from a friend who said it was a dual swing, so maybe its what it says it is?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• your pump is fine. Eat oatmeal, drink whole milk, lots of soup and make sure you eat before hand. My mom said papaya and peanut helps. I can pump 8-10 oz per pump, and I pump 4 times a day. It also depends on how much your baby is eating. My son drinks 5oz every 3hr so it evens out.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011