For Christians who believe in the Rapture...

Do you believe in a Pre or Mid Tribulation Rapture? What scriptures do you use to support it? I am very interested in Revelation and bible prophesy. I currently believe one way but don't really know enough to "back up" my position scripturally. I know some but not many. I have recently been shown scriptures supporting the other view. I just would like your thoughts to help me in my understanding. Thanks in advance!

kittieashy

Asked by kittieashy at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have always assumed it would be pre-tribulation but I suppose a mid-tribulation rapture would also be very logical, sort of as a final test. I would ask your pastor/priest about thier thoughts. A church leader would also be more equipped to answer your question about scripture backing up the theory. I would think it would be found in Revelation....

I really enjoyed the LEFT BEHIND series. They are two Christian writers fictional take on what will occur. VEry insightful and thought provoking.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't believe in a pre tribulation rapture in rev. 9:4 it talks about christians still here for the 5th trumpet which is after the tribulation has already started so that would mean we will be going through some of it. It also says in Rev. 7:9-10 the ones who remain standing make it through the tribulation again making me believe we won't just be called up in the sky and just watch everything take place, I very much believe we will be on the ground fighting with Jesus.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Kittieshy: I beleive we will experience trib... pre trib is not in scripture apparently. If you are interested in this I encourage you to check out mikebickle.org and click the link end times... there are years ( over 20) of intensive study by Mike on this topic. It will blow your mind and the cool thing is, he says not to take his word for it but to study it yourself.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have read the entire Left Behind series and I LOVED it! I know my pastor's position because he just spoke about it last weekend. I feel like the only one who believes differently. A friend of mine told me that it wasn't really necessary to worry about so I'm not really worried..just curious about other points of view :) Thanks for your answer!
    kittieashy

Comment by kittieashy (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't have a strong opinion either way. I don't feel like people who believe in the rapture are absolutely wrong - I just don't believe it's true either. Who knows what wonderful crazy-seeming things God could/would do.

I do believe in the battle during the end times - and so it seems to me like God would want "his team" here on the ground doing the good work... Because of that I think the rapture is unlikely - but so is the evolution of man and he figured that out!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The ones I know of are Matthew 24:30-36 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Personally, I don't know that I believe in the Rapture but to me it doesn't really matter - I'm ready for the Lord whenever and however He decides to come!

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I originally believed in a pre tribulation rapture and then my pastor taught on a mid. He's done more research and study than I have and so have others who believe in the mid. Thanks for the info lovely. I appreciate you answer :)
    kittieashy

Comment by kittieashy (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thanks Shaneagle ;)
    kittieashy

Comment by kittieashy (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011