I am scared to swallow pills

ok please dont be rude to me

i have never ever been able to swallow pills no matter how hard iv tried iv never been able to, i now have to take pills for a urinary track infection and the pills are huge(to me they are anyway).....im terrified to swallow them, they only gave me enough for the week, and i dont want to throw one back up because i get no refills on this, their capsules btw if i were able to chew them i wouldnt ask about this >.<

so my question is....does anyone have any special tips on how to swallow a pill....other then chugging water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• crush them up and put it in some food or drink.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sometimes I choke on pills and I hate the big capsules!

I put them in a spoonful of pudding or something and then just swallow it down. I keep my head tipped back, and try to drink a big glass of water to help it get down. The pudding helps it slide better.

Good luck!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Call you doctor and make sure first that crushing the pill will not mess the effectiveness of it any and if you can crush it I would use pudding or something thick.... Thats what we used for our residents in the nursing home that I work at. It seemed to help cover the taste.
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 2:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Put it in your mouth and then drink your water or whatever through a straw. The suction created pushes the pill rather easily. Keep drinking through the straw until you are sure it's down.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Put it in some applesauce. You can call your pharmacy and ask if you are allowed to crush them.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2011