What will you/did you do with your tax return?

We paid off all our credit cards (it amounted to like $4,000 almost!) and put a $1,000 down on a house. So now it's pretty much gone and even though I know we did good things with it I feel like we didn't get anything out of it! The state return should be coming soon, and we will have to use that for the house....

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 1:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Ours is basically gone. We had planned to put half in the bank for savings but I had alot of unexpected bills come up. We fixed my dh's car. Got one for me since mine died. That was almost half of it right there. I got the boys a DSi each, had my dd's bday party and got her a gift the same price as the DSi. I paid for my son to get his license and insurance (another $200). My 17 yr old was supposed to get help to buy his class ring from his dad (we were supposed to go 50/50) and of course his dad failed bc the new wife said no. That was another $400. Now same son has prom, limo (dates dad wont let her go without one long story), insurance for his car, new tires for his car, and etc etc. Again all supposed to be 50/25/25. My mom and dad and his dad were supposed to split the 50% for it and none of them came through. Soooooooooooo now were basically broke.

Answer by gemgem at 1:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We'll be buying a van, a desktop Mac, and a few new windows for our house. We really don't have much for excess bills this year, thank God - caught up on tuition, car loan, etc! Yay, I can't wait.
    Anonymous

• New camera, new sheets for the bed. Already spend a pretty good amount on shoes and clothes for my kids (and a little for me and hubby), a new xbox 360 with kinect for hubby and kids, a lot of baby stuff. Still debating on a couple other larger purchases, but since we don't have bills or debt to worry about I might just stash it and buy stuff that I want or need as it comes along.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• moving! Leaving an abusive relationship, it feels so good!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I will be paying bills first, then I am getting some things for my house and getting some new clothes for my son and I..And other things if needed..Can't wait I love to shop.
    pricesunbury

Answer by pricesunbury at 1:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We paid the tax preparer and filled up our car with gas :( wawah....
    Anonymous

• Bought a smaller car, new dishwasher, and a new mattress.
    Anonymous

• Paid Bills
    Bought a new TV
    Bought some clothes for my two youngest.
    And bought my parents a bread maker.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I will file my tax return, like I do every year

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We are suppose to save it but stupid husband all of a sudden wants to buy a gun and I keep telling him no but he said he isn't going to listen to me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011