Are you tolerant of intolerance?

Ironically (my word for the day), I am so not tolerant of intolerance.

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know what I'm less tolerant of. Tolerance or intolerance. Both piss me off. Seriously.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 8:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yeah, me neither. :-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Uhm I dont know. I think its actually stupid to go around asking people to be tolerant and at the same time not being tolerant of the idea some people wont always see things the same way you will. Its actually called being a bigot. Its hard for me too though when I hear someone saying (for instance) gays have rights to marry when they are telling me my kids cant pray in school. Seems hypocritical to me to complain about my kids right to pray and still ask me to be tolerant of things that might offend me as a christian.
    Anonymous

• Nope, and never have been. I was raised to respect differences and celebrate them. I was the kid in my school that if I saw someone being made fun of I put you in your place. Oh boy do I enjoy doing that, educating the intolerant and ignorant.
    Anonymous

• Yep, me neither.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• intolerance means that your not tolerant regardless of what your intolerant to, you admit that your a bigot, good for you!
    Anonymous

• No

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Who defines who is intolerant of something? For example, you may feel that people who do not support gay marriage or their lifestyle are intolerant of homosexuals. Perhaps that person feels that you are intolerant of their religious beliefs.

We're all going to have differences of opinions. If you want people to accept and respect yours, you need to be prepared to do the same for them.
    Anonymous

• I am tolerant of tolerance and intolerant of ignorance.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• by ignorance, does that mean an opinion or belieft that you can't get someone else to believe?
    Anonymous